chair. No more
Fantastic personal service –
nothing is a problem for
the team at CamHam.
Fast and friendly
New office furniture is likely to be the last thing on your mind when you discover a competitor is treading on your territory. But it is the kind of thing that really helps to lift staff morale when they’re feeling the competitive cosh. And that’s not the only time new office furniture needs to hit the to-do list…
But first things first let us suggest you have a look around your office now. You’re used to seeing the office furniture in front of you, and it’s probably doing a fantastic job. However, there might be a few things that have been niggling at the back of your mind and you’re beginning to think it’s time to think about them.
Is your office furniture still doing and saying what you need it to?
Office furniture is functional, of course, but it also sends messages without you realising. The right office furniture subliminally suggests you care about your business, your staff, the quality of your work, the working relationships with your suppliers… the Iist goes on.
The right office furniture will imply:
You run a professional concern
Your business is successful
You value attention to detail
Your staff are important to you
A happy work environment matters
You are in control
Your business is modern and up to date
So is it time for some new office furniture? Here are those 5 signs…
1. The competition has upped its ante – Are your customers turning their heads? Sometimes spotting this is actually what a business needs to review itself and take stock. Does your image need a bit of a pep up? If you’re leaping ahead in your business thinking would a fresh modern look actually reflect your business more accurately?
2. Staff morale could do with a boost – An energetic enthusiastic team makes a huge difference to a business, but it’s easy to get so caught up in the everyday routines of work that you don’t spot shifts in mood. Sometimes, as they say, a change is as good as a rest. And giving people new office furniture – anything from new chairs, to some extra storage, etc. – sends a message that you’ve noticed and care.
3. Your technology requirements have shifted – IT infrastructure is a fast moving beast these days, but old office furniture can really interfere with staff enjoying the full benefits of an IT update sometimes. Modern office furniture is purposely designed to cater for cabling and other IT paraphernalia. So if the physical accommodation of your IT ‘stuff’ is causing concern then update your office furniture.
4. Business processes and workflows have changed – You may well be using less paper these days, but odds on there are still piles mounting up somewhere. If most of your work is digitally organised now, it might be a good idea to archive all the old paperwork in some new office storage. De-cluttering is refreshing for everyone!
5. Your business has expanded – Often SMEs grow piecemeal and find they end up with an eclectic mix of office furniture. At some point, the quaint “I’m growing quickly” feel needs to tidy up and get professional again; or you risk jeopardising staff pride in your setup. Matching sets of new office furniture is an ideal way to put consistency back into the mix.
So if having read this you’re now seeing those signs, please do give us a ring. We’d be delighted to work out how we can help your business freshen things up!