chair. No more
Fantastic personal service –
nothing is a problem for
the team at CamHam.
Fast and friendly
Working from home can be great, but it can also have its downside. So, how can you create a fabulous home office space that’s functional, pleasant and a joy to work in, without it encroaching on the rest of your life?
Three Office Furniture Top Tips For ‘Homeworking’…
1. Choose a good office desk – If there’s one thing that’s going to put you in the mood for working, it’s the right desk. And if you’ve spent the last year working at your dining table, you’ll understand exactly what we mean. Office furniture is purposely designed to be adjustable to the right height for you to work at. It’s also made to cater for wiring etc. which you can tuck away out of sight.
And here’s an EXTRA OFFICE TIP: If you’re staring at a monitor all day, you need to make sure the space is well lit, so try to place your office desk where this can be achieved via natural light if possible.
2. Pick a well-designed office chair – Yes, you may just be ‘working from home’ but you still need to look after your back. If you’ve taken the trouble to adjust the height of your desk then having the right office chair will finish the job off.
And here’s an EXTRA OFFICE TIP: Make sure you can tuck it neatly under your desk at the end of each day too… it’s such a satisfying thing to do!
3. Include decent office storage – This is easily overlooked, but have you ever thought about how to prevent your work spreading? It’s important to keep your work IN your work space. Yes, you want to have regularly used items easily accessible… but the best way to achieve this is with purpose built office storage. Start thinking office cupboards and/or office shelves accompanied by an office desk pedestal.
And here’s an EXTRA OFFICE TIP: If you can get your office furniture from one supplier, you’re more likely to be able to enjoy the aesthetically pleasing aspect of matching items too. Yes, indeed!
It doesn’t even need to cost the earth, with our second hand office furniture you can still get the highest quality matching pieces, just as a fraction of the price.
Three more office tips… just because you know we understand!
1. Reduce interruption and distraction – Try to avoid placing your office desk near doors or walk ways. Separate yourself from every day goings-on.
And here’s a MEGA TOP TIP: Don’t put a TV in your line of sight!
2. Think soothing thoughts – Consider painting your office area in a different colour to help get your brain into ‘work mode’.
And here’s a MEGA TOP TIP: Have a white board or planner in sight. There’s nothing like a ‘to do’ list in front of your nose to focus the mind.
3. Set specific work hours - Make it easy to switch off the light and walk away.
And here’s a MEGA TOP TIP: If you want to be able to switch off and walk away from it every night, then design your space to achieve that by making the most of some well-built office storage!
What areas can we help in?
We’re based in Northampton, but we have a fleet of vehicles that means we can not only service Northamptonshire, but also Buckinghamshire, Bedfordshire, Milton Keynes, and even down to London.
You’ve probably realised by now that the most important thing to remember, as far as we’re concerned, is that your home office is a place in which you want to work. Make sure the office furniture you choose reflects your personality, whilst remaining comfortable and functional. We have a huge range of office furniture, from new office furniture to second hand office furniture, in a wide variety of different finishes too. This gives you the choice on style, as well as budget, putting you in control of your home office refurb.
For further advice on what office furniture will best meet your administrative and ergonomic needs contact us today.